Holcim (Australia) Pty Ltd
Geostone 5-day trip to Paris Competition
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- This promotion is being conducted by Holcim (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 87 099 732 297), registered office Tower B, Level 8, 799 Pacific Highway, Chatswood NSW 2067 (Promoter).
- Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
How to Enter
- Entry is restricted to persons who are 18 years of age or over and who are permanent residents of Australia.
- The promotion commences on 1 March 2019 at 9:00 AM AEDT and closes on 30 April 2019 at
17:30 PM AEDT (Promotion Period). Entries received after the Promotion Period will not be eligible to participate.
- To enter, each entrant must, during the Promotion Period:
- access www.geostone.com.au/parispromotion and click through to the competition landing page;
- complete the entry form with all requested details, including but not limited to their name, a valid email address, a contact number and postcode and then submit photograph(s) of locations where Geostone decorative concrete has been purchased by the entrant during the period 1 January 2017 to 30 March 2019 in any of the four categories, Driveways, Alfresco Living, Landscaping (including pools) and Internal polished floors. Where the entrant is a corporation, trust or partnership (Corporate Entity), and the Corporate Entity is the winner of the major prize, then it is the sole responsibility of the officer’s of the Corporate Entity to determine the individual recipient of the major prize; and
- obtain the consent of the landowners where the Geostone decorative concrete has been laid to allow filming in accordance with clause 11(e) of the major prize.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible or indecipherable will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected registrations.
- Employees of the Promoter or its related entities (and their family members) are ineligible to enter.
- There is a total of one (1) major prize and five (5) minor prizes to be awarded.
- The entry with the best finish, quality use of the Geostone product, innovation and/or environmental considerations as judged by the Promoter will win the major prize of an overseas trip (for 2 adults) to Paris, France consisting of:
- Return economy flights for two (2) adults to Paris, France for five (5) days;
- Ground transfers from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to the hotel selected by the Promoter for two (2) adults;
- Four (4) nights/five (5) days at a minimum 3 star hotel in a standard room inclusive of breakfast to be selected by the Promoter up to a maximum value of $250 per night;
- Tour of the LafargeHolcim display centre in Paris to review the use of the Geostone product and meet with industry experts; and
- Filming by Better Homes and Gardens TV personality and architect, Peter Colquhoun of the location of the entrant’s use of Geostone product which will feature on the www.geostone.com.au and social media.
- The five (5) minor prizes consists of:
- $500 cash for an entrant from New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia based on the finish, quality use of the Geostone product, innovation and/or environmental considerations as judged by the Promoter
- Total prize value for the major prize is $5000. Please note retail prices vary and the listed value is based on quotes provided on 1 March 2019..
- All prize values are correct as at 1 March 2019 and are in Australian Dollars, but to the extent permitted by law, no responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for any variation in the value of the prize after that time.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- In the event the Promoter is unable to supply the prize specified in paragraph 11 for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal value and/or specification, subject to approval from the relevant regulatory authorities.
- The major prize specified in paragraph 11 is subject to the following conditions:
- At least one winner travelling must be over the age of 18 years;
- Winners must be in possession of a valid 5-year passport and must have a minimum of 90 days validity for the duration of the prize holiday. All entry visas, ESTA forms and/or travel documents are the sole responsibility of the winner including visa costs if applicable. The Promoter does not arrange entry visas;
- All prize winners will receive confirmation that they have won the prize via email and by phone (providing a contact number has been provided) within ten (10) working days of the competition being finished;
- Personal information about the prize winners will be shared with third parties to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize winners;
- Winners must provide a copy of their passports to ensure names are spelled correctly and validity of their passports;
- Winners must give at least 60 days’ notice prior to their requested departure date;
- Travel is subject to availability and blackout dates will apply unless specifically pre-arranged prior to the competition being run. Blackout dates include peak Christmas (December 10 to January 5 annually);
- Winners must travel within 12 months of the Promotion Period concluding;
- Winners will be requested to provide three separate dates of preferred travel and the Promoter will work towards fulfilling through its best endeavours to at least one of the winner’s preferred date and travel. Winners who do not travel within 12 months will become null and void and no longer entitled to the major prize;
- Unless otherwise stated, all other costs including but not limited to meals, drinks, fuel, insurance, visa, service costs, transport, laundry, in-room charges, and spending money are the sole responsibility of the winner;
- Travel insurance is NOT included in the major prize. The Promoter highly recommends winners consider the purchase of travel insurance during the duration of their travel.
- Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those travelling are not changeable without incurring extra fees and may not be possible if a non-refundable or non-changeable ticket has been purchased. The Promoter is not responsible for these costs;
- Winners must have obtained the consent of the landowners where the Geostone product has been laid to allow filming in accordance with clause 11(e).
- Winners must sign a legal acceptance form provided by the Promoter prior to departure as standard procedure.
- The five (5) minor prizes are subject to the following conditions:
- Payment of the minor prize may be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer at the absolute discretion of the Promoter;
- All prize winners will receive confirmation that they have won the prize via email and by phone (providing a contact number has been provided) within ten (10) working days of the competition being finished; and
- Winners must sign a legal acceptance form provided by the Promoter prior to cashing the prize.
- Judging will take place at 9.00am AEDT on 14th May 2019 date at Holcim (Australia) Pty Ltd’s Head Office, Level 8, 799 Pacific Highway, Chatswood NSW 2067. All entries will be judged individually on their merits based on finish, quality use of the Geostone product, innovation and/or environmental considerations
- The winners will be announced on 23 May 2019 at the Housing Industry Association National Conference at Crown Towers Perth, Great Eastern Highway Burswood, Perth WA 6100.
- This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner(s). The decision on the winner(s) is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including the entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the prize winner by phone or email within one (1) month of the completion of the competition, or the winner is not able to satisfy these Terms and Conditions then they will be deemed to have forfeited their entitlement to the prize.
- If the promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter (including, but not limited to, where such an event corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion), the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to the approval of relevant state and territory regulators.
Personal information and other information
- Personal information collected from entrants will be used by the Promoter for the purposes of conducting the promotion. If the information requested by the Promoter is not provided, the entrant will be unable to enter the promotion. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its employees, contractors, agents and service providers to assist in conducting this promotion or communicating with entrants.
- Photographs submitted by entrants may be used by the Promoter on an irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free basis in advertising, promotional material through print, websites and social media platforms for the purpose of promotion of the Geostone product for an unlimited period of time.
- The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. Entrants should contact the Promoter to request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them or to request that such information be updated or corrected.
- All entries, photographs and copyright subsisting in them become the property of the Promoter.
- All entrants of this promotion consents to the Promoter using their name and image for purposes of publicity and promotion and acknowledge that the Promoter owns all copyright in all such images.
- By participating in this promotion entrants consent to Holcim providing them with marketing materials about Holcim products. Upon receipt of any such direct marketing material entrants can elect to opt out of receiving future marketing materials.
- Entrants in submitting photographs to enter, must adhere to the following conditions:
- entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, image and/or voice in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition and/or promoting any products of the Promoter;
- entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- by submitting a photograph, entrants agree to the photograph being made available for public viewing;
- any person depicted in a photograph uploaded must be decently dressed and presented;
- all photographs are subject to the approval of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to vet all entries at any time and reserves the right to request the removal of any entries from any social media platform or website at any time in its absolute discretion. However, the Promoter is not responsible for any photographs uploaded to any social media platform or website and visitors to the site view it at their own risk;
- entrants must own the copyright in the photograph uploaded or be entitled and have permission to use the photograph in the manner contemplated by these terms, including use of the photograph for promotional purposes; and
- the entrant has the permission of each other person featured in the photograph, or, if any person is under the age of 18, the permission of their parent or legal guardian, to enter the photograph in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any laws that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement, such as any consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Subject to clause 29, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents), excludes all liability for any loss, cost, damage or expense, whether direct, indirect or consequential, however arising (including, but not limited to, negligence) in any way arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or any prize.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes lost or damaged in transit.
- These conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales.